Dear bus parents,
The Pukekohe East School bus service will be operating when school resumes under Covid-19 Alert Level 2 next week. Although the Government has required masks be worn on most forms of public transport, school bus services such as ours are exempt. If parents still want their children to wear masks on board, they may supply their own.
Please also remember these steps, to be followed on all school bus trips under Level 2:
- For the purposes of contact tracing, all children must have their name recorded upon getting on board
- For the afternoon run, they are to line up and wait until the driver has ticked them off before entering
- Children are to sit one to a row unless the bus is full
- Siblings can sit next to each other
- Seats in the row behind the driver are to be left empty
- Hand sanitiser will be available upon entry
- Families may supply their own sanitiser if preferred
- Children displaying visible symptoms e.g. cough, runny nose are to be kept home
- The driver will make a record of any children displaying such symptoms while on board
If you have any questions about these procedures, please contact me. We appreciate your support and cooperation.
Chairman, Pukekohe East Bus Society